In any profession, safety footwear is an essential part of the work equipment, because in addition to protecting the feet from any blows, they help to prevent the danger of falls.
Depending on the work environment, floors may be uneven or covered with a fluid, such as oil, which considerably increases the risk of falling.
To prevent these risks, it is advisable not to wear conventional safety footwear, but more specific slip-resistant safety footwear. But you may ask yourself.
How to choose slip-resistant footwear?
There are several factors to consider when choosing slip-resistant safety footwear:
- Work surface: first it is important to consider the type of surface on which the footwear will be used. For example, if you are working on a wet surface, you will need footwear with a thicker, more slip-resistant sole.
- Regulations: it is important to ensure that the footwear complies with the regulations applicable in the country or industry.
- Comfort: slip-resistant footwear should be comfortable to wear for extended periods of time.
- Durability: it is important to choose footwear that is durable and can withstand daily use.
- Price: There are different slip-resistant footwear options available in different price ranges, so it is important to choose footwear that fits your budget.
- Brand and reputation: it is important to choose a well-known and respected brand in the market that offers guarantees and a good after-sales service.
In summary, choosing slip-resistant footwear involves considering several factors, such as the work surface, applicable regulations, comfort, durability, price and the brand and reputation of the footwear.
SR slip resistant standards
SR safety footwear is a type of footwear designed to protect workers’ feet in hazardous work environments or where there is a risk of injury. SR safety footwear is certified with a label indicating that it meets certain safety standards.
The “SR” label stands for “slip resistant”, which means that the footwear has been designed with a slip-resistant sole to provide increased traction and prevent slips and falls on wet or slippery surfaces.
In addition to being slip-resistant, SR safety footwear can be made of materials that are puncture-resistant, static-resistant, compression-resistant and more. It all depends on the environment and the occupational hazards to which workers are exposed.
It is important to take into account in these types of footwear with certified soles, that their anti-slip capacity may be reduced or diminished if certain elements such as mud, gravel or dirt accumulation hinder it.
It is therefore advisable to check and clean the soles regularly, using hot water and soap to restore them to their original condition.
However, it is not only important to take care of the cleanliness of the soles, but also to check them regularly for wear and deformation.
If the shoes are too deteriorated, they should be replaced.
Did you know any of the SRA, SRB and SRC standards for slip-resistant safety footwear soles? Leave us your comment.
Remember! If you are looking for a strategic partner for the design, development and production of your high quality custom-made safety footwear to protect your workers from all occupational hazards or for distribution, we at GPI can help you.